Saturday, 4 July 2015

Morning and welcome to my news post!

Morning all,

I know I don't normally post this early on a Saturday as I like to enter a couple of challenges and have to wait to find out what they are. So, why is today different? Well, exciting news ...... I have been invited to join the Design Team (on a temporary basis only) over at Addicted to CAS ....... and today sees my inaugural outing ....... and here IS today's challenge:-

 

Being July 4th I couldn't help but work with stars and stripes in red, white and blue .... without further ado .... here is my CAS make for this fab challenge ...


My card
A close up view of my image panel and it's stars, stripes and red/white/blue colour scheme

The co-ordinating insert and envelope, again with the red and blue ... the white being
the insert and envelope!

My idea concept drawing and materials
Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel, edged with Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • 7cm square white card snippet on to white I stamped the Paper Artsy distress line (Hot Picks Extra 01) image using Versacolour white pigment ink, white embossing powder and then heat embossed these lines
  • Using Distress Inks in broken china, salty ocean and stormy skies I coloured the white card panel using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Stampers Anonymous (bitty grunge) distressed star (small) stamped randomly using Distress Ink aged mahogany
  • On to a separate white card snippet I stamped the Hero Arts large star and close cut out before matting using dimensional foam tape
  • I then matted on to first burgundy and then blue DCWV linen effect card and cut my borders using a 1/16" perfect layering ruler
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel, to protect the water based colour
I've left off any sentiment but it's going to be a birthday card and I'll stamp my greeting when I come to use the card and know whether it's male or female as the sentiment makes such a difference. I hope you will pop along and check out the awesome makes from the talented full time Design Team and submit an entry, or two!, tell them I sent you!



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!


I'll also be entering this card for the following challenges:

  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 231 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 153 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
  3. Crafts4Eternity - challenge No. 233 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
  4. Seize the Birthday - RED, WHITE and BLUE
  5. Inkspirational - challenge No. 86 - GRUNGE ..... earthy colours/distressed lines/textured background - P


Have a great Saturday  ... I WILL be back tomorrow with more pix and hopefully more makes as I have crafting pals visiting!  . . . . . so, watch this space! Here's how the place looked yesterday, before they arrived!





And here's what I have in mind for us to make ..... if we're not too busy chatting!



MDF doorhanger, acrylic album and an MDF coaster set and storage box
And, as the first day drew to a close ...



Yes, it got messier!

Cherry's makes

Debs makes

My makes

The place now looks like a bomb site but we're ready to rock and roll (and craft) again today!!

35 comments:

Hannelie said...

Congratulations with GD spot Kathy!
Love your inspiration!

SARN said...

Ahh happy memories of the "dining table of craftiness". I'm sure you're all having a ball - looks like you've been having great inky fun!

LOVE the CAS star card you've posted too. CONGRATS on your guest designer spot.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Nice card. Good luck with the challenge, Ankie

Lilian said...

Congratulation and being a on the design on Addicted to CAS, Well deserved.

great carcand all your makes and only your first day.
Have fun today
Hugs
Lilian

Glittertastic said...

A great CAS card Kathy and as usual, a lovely matching envelope! I must try to remeber to do this - it's a great touch.

Sharon
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Many congratulations on your Guest Designer spot Mrs K. Love your gorgeous card. What a triumph!

Well you all seem to be having a ball. I am SO not surprised :oD. Lots of projects already under your belts by the looks of things. Yeeha!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lx

Anja Curvers said...

Great have you guest designing over at addicted to CAS and such a lovely card with that envelop also awesome to craft with friends have fun.

Joanna Harty said...

Love you card Kathy! Perfect CAS patriotic card! And thank you so much for beeing our guest designer this month!

Susan said...

Congrats on working with the DT! Love your card...and I especially like that you've also decorated the envelope! Have fun with your crafting buddies!

Deepti said...

Your card is awesome, I love the details that you put into the card and the envelop. So happy to have you as our Guestie !

Craft-E-Place said...

Congrats on GD spot!
Fabulous card - love the detail.
Elaine

Loll said...

Great card Kathy. Love your edgy take on patriotic. :) Looks like you are having lots of messy fun with your crafty buds. Looking forward to seeing more pics. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at ATCAS!! xx

Clare Lloyd said...

well done on your GDT. x

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Kathy ~ Welcome as Guest Designer at ATCAS! I love your card and envie! So many fabulous details and I love how you created so much texture and dimension!

Ksenija Rizova said...

Kathy, congratulations on your GD spot! I really love your combination of stars and stripes and the distressed look of your card! Hugs, Ksenija

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the DT and a fabulous creation for your first challenge.

Love the photo's.

Kath x

Ceal said...

Your card is fabulous and congrats on the GDT

Bhavana said...

congratulations on the Guest DT..Your card is fabulous and so much fun :)

Doni High said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer! Your card is great and I've fallen in love with your blog! Sure do wish I could come craft at your place...it looks like so much fun!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

oooh! how brilliant to see a super duper limette as Guest Designer at ATCAS this week - my first DT post for them too. Love your card and how fabulous that it works perfectly for LIM too. Great colours and CAS design. Love it.
Thanks as always for playing along. Sarah x

Lynne said...

Fab card and well done on your DT spot
Lynne xxx

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Love the stars! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Gerrina said...

Congrats on being GDT at ATCAS! Your card is looking great! Love the texture and the layers that you made!
And a weekend long crafting; that are days with a silver lining... hope you had a splendid weekend! Hugs, Gerrina

Anne said...

Super starry card for the challenge Kathy and congrats on your Guest position
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations, Kathy! You will be an inspiring addition to the Team for as long as you are as is obvious from this CASlicious July 4th card! I love all that white space and the random fun stamping on the inside!! I saw the full weekend results post as I came in and can see that you ladies had a blast and turned out a ton of gorgeous creations! Wish I could have been there!! Hugs, Darnell

Neets B said...

Congrats on your GD role, Kathy. Fab use of red, white and blue, loving those embossed white lines.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Linby said...

looks like you had some inky fun with great results too.
congrats on your GDT at ATCAS - I've even played along this week prompted by Sarah.
Love your card it's fab.
Linbyx

Jodene said...

Love your card, and it looks like you had a great crafty weekend! thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

My name is Wynneth said...

Huge Congrats on your GDT spot Matey, I'm sure you will rock it as CAS really is in your soul !!

Loving your RW&B card, it's truly spectacular and what an inspiration for others. I do so love your matching envelopes, so lovely when one of them drops through the letterbox, you just know there's going to something really special inside.

luv
wynneth
x

Heather said...

Hi Kathy, it looks like you had lots crafty fun and lots of mess!!
Congratulation as your GDT post and your LIM card is fabulous with a great design!!

hugs
Heather xx

Shauna said...

What beautiful cards! I love your stars and the layered stamping. Very grunge and perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenges this week. Karal DT

Kathy C said...

Congrats on your GD spot, and super card design.
Kathy xx

Marina said...

Hi Kathy- what a great design this is - perfect for our grunge challenge and yet beautifully CAS.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina